PLAY IT AGAIN KIDS' CUSTOMER SURVEY GIVEAWAY – OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND CONDITIONS
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
1. The Play It Again Kids Gift Card Prize Draw (the “Play It Again Kids' Customer Survey Giveaway” or “Giveaway”) is open only to Canadian residents who are over the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, representatives and agents of Play It Again Kids (“Sponsor”), as well as the immediate family members (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and those living in the same household of such employees, representatives and agents are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
How to Enter
2. There is one way to enter:
Eligibility is limited to those who have successfully completed the Play It Again Kids customer survey, on online survey, which began June 15th 2019. These survey participants must then provide their contact details in a short online form, and agree to these Contest Rules and Conditions, in order to be eligible.
To be eligible for the survey, these participants must be either current customers (defined as persons who have purchased items from our store within the past 3 years), and/or Consignor’s of Play It Again Kids, i.e. those who have consigned items to Play It Again Kids with the intent for us to sell their items within the last 3 years).
3. Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries from individuals found to have entered more than once will be void.
4. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the person identified on the entry submission and is otherwise eligible to win.
5. Play It Again Kids Canada is not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries, or for any electronic miscommunications or failures of any kind, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Giveaway. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any and all lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries will be disqualified. No purchase is necessary to enter or win, and a purchase will not increase the odds of your winning.
Prize and Prize Draws
6. One (1) Prize of CDN $150 worth of gift cards or gift certificates from a local service provider or retailer (defined as a store within Nelson, BC). This store or service will be of the winner’s choosing, but is subject to limitations. The prize could be for a max of 2 gift cards or certificates for different services or stores, but must add up to $150 in total value. This could be a service e.g. a spa, salon, sports facility etc. or a store e.g. a grocery store, toy store, book store, sporting goods, clothing store etc. Chain stores located locally in Nelson are also allowed, but online retailers are excluded (unless they have a local location).
Also the prize is intended to be family appropriate so will not be permissible for any service or store that sells, liquor, drugs, sex or any other adult only activities. Each gift cert or card will be subject to the rules and conditions of that particular service or store. Only stores or services that offer gift certs or cards will be available as options.
The prize will be available to be won on the draw date mentioned below. The first entrant whose entry form is drawn on the Draw Date and who otherwise complies with these Giveaway Rules will be eligible to win a Prize. The chance of being selected will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Draw Period corresponding to the Draw Date.
The Draw Date will be on Monday September 30th 2019.
Confirmation of Potential Winners
7. Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to contact potential winners by telephone (if telephone number provided) and/or email within ten (10) business days following the date of the relevant drawing. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within the time specified above, does not complete the necessary eligibility forms (outlined below) within fourteen (14) days of his/her being informed of his/her name being drawn, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, is not otherwise an eligible entrant, or does not otherwise comply with the Official Rules, he/she will not win any prize. In this event, the prize will be awarded to an alternate entrant, who will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Any alternate winner will have the same rights and obligations as the original winner.
To claim prize, a potential winner must comply with the Official Rules for this Giveaway and, must correctly answer unaided a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by Sponsor and must fill out and return a Declaration and Release, including a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of his/her being informed of his/her name being drawn. Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners.
9. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. No cash or other substitution or transfer of the prize is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Return of any prize notification as non-deliverable or failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in disqualification, and an alternate entrant may be randomly selected in accordance with the Official Rules.
10. By participating, entrants agree: (1) that Sponsor may (unless prohibited by law) use winner’s name, city of residence, and choice of gift certificate or certificates requested, without further review or compensation, in any media, in perpetuity and worldwide; and (2) to hold Sponsor, its parent, divisions, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and other agents, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and assigns harmless against any and all claims, loss, liability, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their acceptance, possession or use of a prize or their participation in this Giveaway.
11. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost or late entries or faulty transmissions, technical computer hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or interrupted or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, misrouted, scrambled or delayed computer transmission, or other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise, which may limit or affect in any way an entrant’s ability to participate in this Giveaway. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Giveaway or in the announcement of the prizes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Giveaway; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of this Giveaway; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the entry portals on any particular day; or (e) any injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from participating in the Giveaway or any attempt to obtain further information concerning this Giveaway.
12. Sponsor reserves the right (1) to disqualify any entrant and void any entries of an entrant who has engaged in unsportsmanlike conduct, fraud or other misconduct relative to this Giveaway or otherwise attempted to tamper with or impair this Giveaway; and/or (2) to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate this Giveaway, for any reason, including if, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, technical failures, applicable laws or regulations, virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control destroys the integrity of this Giveaway or otherwise corrupts or impairs the administration, security, legality, fairness or proper play of this Giveaway or any part thereof. Online entries must be made only by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of any automated system including robotic, or form filling software to enter is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance.
13. Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Giveaway, or to be acting in any manner Sponsor deems to be in violation of the Official Rules or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If, for any reason, this Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, violation of applicable law or regulation or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Giveaway in whole or in part.
14. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the entry form at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
17. The Giveaway is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws. The Giveaway and the Official Rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of BC and shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Victoria, BC.